Perfect for those fighting oily skin that keeps breaking out. Great for spot treatments too! Bentonite is a combination of volcanic ash and montmorillonite originally found in Fort Benton, Wyoming. It is highly absorbent and powerfully draws oils and toxins from the skin. Bentonite Clay is one of the most powerful healing clays. It is unique due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite Clay carries a strong negative charge which bonds to the positive charge in many toxins. When it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical, or heavy metal, the clay will absorb the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use. Bentonite Clay also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls out excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead. You may use this clay up to twice a week. Read more about the benefits of Bentonite Clay on our Blog.
100% purified, sun-dried, and finely ground Bentonite Clay.
You may use this clay up to twice a week.
I Want the Spa Experience
If you really want the “spa at home” experience follow the directions below. It's a bit more involved, but really worth it if you've got the time.
Step 1: Bring a pot of water to a boil. After the pot has stopped boiling and is taken off the stove, massage a few drops of Sans Nourish Face Serum onto damp face. Bring your face to a safe and comfortable distance to the steaming water and steam your face over the pot for a few minutes. The steam will open your pores and will penetrate the serum into the pores loosening and drawing out any impurities.
Step 2: Mix about a quarter teaspoon of clay together with water (you will use much more water in proportion to the clay) until clay is thoroughly mixed. It will never be lump-free, the consistency may remind you of oatmeal. Apply to face avoiding eye area. Allow the mask to dry completely. The mask will change to a lighter color and become tight when fully dry.
Step 3: Rinse well with cool water until face is completely clean. Pat dry. Follow with a few drops of Sans Nourish Face Serum all over face to restore moisture.
I Don't Have Time for the Spa Experience
If you don't have the time for the full-blown spa extravaganza, you can do the short version by just following steps 2 and 3 from above and save step 1 for a time you can indulge yourself.
To make it a different experience each time you use the clay, instead of mixing it with water mix it with honey, or plain yogurt. You can even mash up an avocado!
Bentonite Clay is best used on oily or combination skin and is not recommended on normal or dry skin types as it can be drying. If you are experiencing an active outbreak of rosacea or any form of heightened sensitivity or burn, wait until the area has calmed before treating with clay. Bentonite Clay, by its very nature is a difficult clay to mix with water, it requires a bit of stirring and patience to get it to a clay-like consistency. But the results will be well worth it!
For a Full Regime add one or more of the products below!
Here's how to use them all together
- Using the Facial Cleanser pump a few pumps into your hand, get a good lather going. It will feel creamy and not drying at all! Rinse.
- The best thing about the Bentonite Clay is that it is incredibly absorbent. If you've got oily skin, Bentonite Clay is sent from heaven for you! Mix up the clay in a bowl (do not use a metal bowl for this clay). Just a note, this is a really hard clay to mix, it actually never mixes smooth like the other clays. It will look a bit like oatmeal. Use about 1/4 teaspoon of clay and add water until you get a somewhat spreadable texture, remember, it will be clumpy and you'll find that the powder absorbs the water like crazy, you will keep having to add more water!
- Wet skin and spread the clay as evenly as you can over your face, avoiding the eyes. If you've got combination skin, use the Bentonite Clay only on the oily parts and use the French Rose Clay on the areas that are dry.
- Let the clay sit for about 20 minutes or until the mask gets tight and turns to a lighter color. Wash off very well.
- On damp skin apply the Nourish Face Serum all over your face, yes, even if your skin is oily . . . trust us. The particular oil combination in the serum will balance the oil production in your skin. So, Bentonite Clay on the oily areas and French Rose Clay on the dry areas. Makes for a colorful face! This way you are still getting the detox benefits even on the dry areas without drying out the skin, since the French Rose Clay is not drying at all. Use only a little bit of the serum, it's concentrated so you won't need much. And there, you're done. As you are applying the serum you should already feel a big difference in your skin.
Tip: If you have a breakout here and there, for a quick fix, just mix a tiny bit of the Bentonite Clay with water and put a dab on the offending pimple. Leave it on until it dries and wash off! It will suck the oil and dirt right out of that bad boy!