White Kaolin Clay’s popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is the mildest of all clays. Unlike Bentonite Clay, Kaolin does not swell much with the addition of water and has a lower ability to absorb and bind toxins, heavy metals, and other impurities. This makes it perfect for those with sensitive or dry skin – it’s just absorbent enough to very gently draw dirt, toxins from the skin while leaving the skin’s natural oils intact. Kaolin Clay also helps stimulate circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating and cleansing it. You may use this clay as often as you like because of its gentleness.
- 100% purified, sun-dried, finely ground White Kaolin Clay powder.
You may use this clay up to twice a week.
I Want the Spa Experience
If you really want the “spa at home” experience follow the directions below. It's a bit more involved, but really worth it if you've got the time.
Step 1: Bring a pot of water to a boil. After the pot has stopped boiling and is taken off the stove massage a few drops of Sans Nourish Face Serum all over your face. Bring your face to a safe and comfortable distance to the steaming water and steam your face over the pot for a few minutes. The steam will open your pores and will penetrate the serum into the pores loosening and drawing out any impurities.
Step 2: Mix about a half teaspoon of powder together with water until it becomes a clay and is thoroughly mixed. Try to achieve a smooth, lump-free consistency that will apply to the face easily. Avoid eye area. Allow the mask to dry completely. The mask will change to a lighter color and become tight when fully dry.
Step 3: Rinse well with warm water until face is completely clean. Pat dry. Follow with another few drops of Sans Nourish Face Serum all over damp face to restore moisture.
I Don't Have Time for the Spa Experience
If you don't have the time for the full-blown spa extravaganza, you can do the short version by just following steps 2 and 3 from above and save step 1 for a time you can indulge yourself.
To make it a different experience each time you use the clay, instead of mixing it with water mix it with honey, or plain yogurt. You can even mash up an avocado!
If you are experiencing an active outbreak of rosacea or any form of heightened sensitivity or burn, wait until the area has calmed before treating with clay.
For a Full Regime add one or more of the products below!
Here's how to use them all together
- Pump a few pumps of the Foaming Facial Cleanser into your hand, for a good lather. It will feel creamy and not drying at all! Rinse.
OR if you like the Oil Cleansing Method, use that. How do you know which cleanser to use? It's really all about personal preference; some people are all about the oil cleansing method while others really love using a sudsy cleanser. So do what's right for you, just get that skin clean! Here's an article from our Blog about the Oil Cleansing Method!
- If you pick the Nourishing Oil Cleanser, here's how you do it: Take a cotton ball and saturate it with the cleansing oil. Now with the saturated cotton ball, remove all your makeup and all the impurities of the day. Take your time, you want the oil to work into your pores so that blackheads and impurities can be softened and dissolved. Repeat this process with a new cotton ball until the cotton ball is clean and shows no dirt on it. Now, wet a clean washcloth with hot water (not too hot that it's uncomfortable) and place the washcloth over your face, leave the washcloth there until it turns cold, wiping your face and massaging with the cloth every now and then. When the cloth turns cold, remove the cloth, wiping the skin as you go. Don't wash with soap, just pat dry. Your skin will be amazingly clean and glowing! And no, it won't make you break out!
- Now, mix a bit of the Kaolin powder (about a half teaspoon) with enough water to make a nice, spreadable paste. Apply to wet skin and wait about 20 minutes for it to dry! Don't forget to apply to the décolleté area. After the clay is dry, rinse your skin clean with warm water and pat dry.
- Then to finish off, massage a few drops of the Mavi Face Serum into your damp skin. At this point, your skin will be clean, toxins pulled out, and ready to accept the nourishment of the wonderful oils in the Mavi Face Serum. You will feel, as you are massaging the serum in, that your skin is smoother and much softer!
Tip: I use this clay loose as a natural face powder, because it's so good at gently absorbing oils. And it's all natural!